This is great for self directed learning allowing the teacher to target instruction and monitor the whole class as they are engaged in an activity. I have changed some of the words to make them a little easier as i work in an ESL environment, but i have left some more difficult ones in as well. If you want to change it there is a link at the bottom to the editable version.
Also it is worth signing up and when i hit milestones ( 500, 1000, 1500 etc) on the sign ups and on the Facebook Groups i will be send out vouchers that allow people to download the editable versions ( up to a set value of course! I gotta eat! 🙂
Just for info (as of today Friday March the 6th) I am at 350 people on the sign up form and 930 people in the Facebook group so there will be a voucher coming soon as I have only been trying those for a couple of weeks!
There are 48 cards so it should be good for up to five players with six cards each, if you’re unaware of the rules of UNO it is VERY likely that your students are not, but just in case i have left some instructions in the file and some on this page as well.
Quick Adjective ”UNO” Rules
- Best played with 2 to 5 players
- Each player gets 6 cards
- Put the rest in the middle and turn one face up.
- First player has to match either the colour or the number.
- The they put their card down and read it. They can also try to think of another adjective or an opposite
- If they can’t go they have to take a card from the pile.
- There are also cards that they can use to change the colour.
- These can be played at any time.
- The winner is the one who gets rid of all their cards.
These can also be used as flashcards for adjectives and if you go through them a little first there are plenty of opposites and synonyms as well if you wanted to introduce those as well. I will in the future be making an opposites set as well so take a look for that in the next couple of weeks.
However, I am sure you didn’t get this far as we are all busy teaching so feel free to download it at the bottom and i hope you enjoy using them!