A great little game for ESL, Kindergarten and Primary students. It follows a simplified version of the popular card game UNO, and so students are likely to be familiar with the rules and game-play. I will put the rules below just in case as well.
This is the action verb version of the game, and there are 32 different words and pictures. These can be used as simple flashcards, but i have also put a simple sentence on the front as well.
I have also included a design for the back if you want them to look a little more professional.
Instructions for the game.
- Play with 5 players
- Each player gets 5 cards
- Put the rest in the middle and turn on face up.
- First player has to match either the colour or the number.
- They put their card down and read it. They can also say if they can or cant do the action verb.
- If they can’t go they have to take a card from the pile.
- There are also cards that they can use to change the colour.
- The winner is the one who gets rid of all their cards.
Most of resources can be premium downloaded below, they are all editable so you can adapt them for your, classes, students and schools. It also helps me with the costs of running the website!