Over 60 Teacher Made Blending and Digraph worksheets, games and activities.
Notes for parents and teachers:
These worksheets and activities progress from our CVC and Short Vowels workbook. They introduce and practice digraphs and blending skills. These can be tricky for younger learners and we have included a large amount of practice worksheets. We have also included an online game / App at the end that enables these skills to be practiced using a different format.
What is inside
- 12 Say it, Complete it, Write it Worksheets: Covers the most common blends and digraphs and asks students to finish and write the word. Uses pictures to encourage vocabulary growth or visual recognition as well.
- 8 Finish the Word Activities: Uses images again to ask students to look at the picture and use the correct blend or digraph to complete the word.
- 4 Word Create Worksheets: These use a different approach. No images included as the task asks students to try to pick between two blends, sounds or digraphs to make a word and then be able to say it. Although there is an actual word for each task this is less important than having the students try to complete and then say the word they have created. – of course it better if they can create the actual word, but this is primarily a skills practicing worksheet.
- 6 Pick the Blend / Digraph Worksheets: Students have to pick between two blends or digraphs to correctly spell the word. Pictures included.
- 2 Which Digraph worksheets: Similar to the previous worksheets, these add a little complexity by offering more choices to use to complete the words.
- 13 ’’Where is the’’ Activities: Students have to color the correct words the correct color. These aim to introduce both the common blends and digraphs and the others that are less well known.
- 4 Blends and digraph Word Searches: Students write, color and then fin the words in this classic activity.
- Farming for phonics: Although this is a short vowel activity it uses words that have ending digraphs in them. So revises short vowels and introduces digraphs!
- Digraph coloring sheet: Asks students to color words with digraphs to reveal a picture
- 1 long and short vowel Spot the difference: 8 activities sheets that have 5 tasks on each. They cover common blends and digraphs.
We also have a Reading and Short stories comprehension workbook to practice these skills as well. Check them out here