For me and i guess for many others this is a big deal! Epic has over 40,000 leveled readers and quizzes. It also offers the opportunity to see how your students have engaged with the material, how long they read the book for and for the majority of their books there are quizzes and questions.
This should take the weight off teachers who are now trying to get traditional lessons from a classroom environment on to an online one and for parents who are increasingly being asked to be a substitute teacher despite all that is going on in their and the greater world! I hope they extend this offer as the chances of this being gone at the end of June seem to be getting smaller and smaller each passing day!
So for all you ESL and English teachers out there this is what you have to do. just press the picture above or the link below to go to their page.
- Login / Sign up from your account – make sure its and educator/teacher account.
- Make sure you have the email addresses of your parents / students
- add them to the roster page, do this on a desktop PC.
- send them the invite and they will get an email inviting them, if they do it this way it will pair them with your classroom and you can monitor their work on the platform.
- There is no credit card required for this!!
If you have not used this it is worth taking an hour or so to explore, but there books are really REALLY good. I love the non fiction ones and so do my students. Now that they can access at home it is a real bonus.
What happens next
1.Parents will need to set up the account, its fairly easy and request permission to join the classroom, for me thats over 450 students!!
then you will get an email saying its linked, now you can set LEVELLED readers to individual students, or groups or even who classes. ( this made me so happy!)
I hope this is as useful to you as it will be to me!!
Stay safe out there!
Post by Marc of Making English Fun