Over 50 Teacher Made Phonics, Vowel and CVC Games, Worksheets and Activities for Younger Learners
This Phonics and CVC Workbook offers students the chance to practice using multi intelligence methods and includes a large selection of CVC activities to help practice and master blending of simple words and phrases. We have also included the option to color some of these pages to help children and students take ownership of them.
- 5 CVC Scramble Worksheets: Designed to introduce and practice the structure of CVC words and how the sounds blend together.
- 5 CVC Word Sort: Moves from 3 separate sounds creating a word, to word families, or ‘’onset and rime’’ and introduces the idea of ‘’rhyme’’ as a way to work out unfamiliar words.
- 2 Which Vowel Worksheets: Vowels are tricky for young ears, the sound difference is minimal. This worksheet mixes familiar / unfamiliar words to try to help children hear that difference. Can be done alone, but is better if a parent or teacher helps by reading the words and offering encouragement.
- 2 Farming and 3 Fishing for phonics coloring activities: Both sets of activities ask the student to read and hear the difference between the short vowel sounds and then categorize them.
- 5 Roll and Read: 5 short vowel activities to put into practice what has been covered in the previous tasks. Children roll a dice and have to read the CVC word, marking how many times they read it.
- 5 Roll Find and Colour: 5 short vowel games to encourage students to recognize these words and colour them once they have read them correctly, can complete on their own, better with some help.
- 10 Word Families Activity pages: There are 2 versions of each short vowel sound. Has coloring, writing, reading and vocabulary tasks included in each page.
- 5 Space Phonics: A 3 activity worksheet with a CVC maze, writing task and introducing simple sentences using these words. There is some vocabulary and coloring incorporated in each page.
- 2 Vowel Sort: We move on to consolidating short vowel sounds and introducing long vowel sounds here. Students are asked to recognize and sort a set of long and short vowel words.
- Long and Short Vowel Worksheets: 6 Worksheets looking for students to recognize or vocalize a word and mark if they have a long or short vowel inside them. Used as an introduction to the next phase
- A Phonics Fortune Teller: One just needs colour and the other is a blank template for you and your children to make and design your own!
We also have a Reading and Short stories comprehension workbook to practice these skills as well. Check them out here