Christmas is coming and its a great time to relax and have some fun with your students and children. We have a few of these activities and will release more as each holiday or event comes.
We also have a video that helps you get the idea of how to put it together. We use it for ages 5 and up, and if you do the initial cutting of the dominoes it could be even younger.
This is free, but we will be putting together a bumper pack of Christmas worksheets and activities as it gets closer to Christmas as well.
This is a lovely activity for students to complete and then take home. It involves them reading and matching description so some super cute pictures.
I have a video guide for you as it is worth getting it right first time and sometimes students end up sticking these pictures all over the place. This one is for Halloween, but it shows you how it goes together. We will film a Christmas one this week for you all 🙂
Instructions for Christmas Dominoes
- This is a whole class activity that can be done in groups or pairs.
- Students are given a board and the Christmas riddle or description and have to match the description to the Christmas picture and glue it to the board
- They go horizontal across the top and the bottom and vertically along the sides.
- When you ( or the students) cut out the dominos make sure there is a picture AND a description on the domino ( dominos have two sides)
- Make sure the students know how to glue them as sometimes they will stick them all at the top.
- Once they have finished, they can complete the centre part of the board and describe their favorite thing about Christmas and what Christmas words were there.
- We also have a rubric to show you how it fits together.
- You should print the dominoes on a4 paper and the board to stick on a3!!!
- We will have an instruction video on the YouTube site as well.
Most of resources can be premium downloaded below, they are all editable so you can adapt them for your, classes, students and schools. It also helps me with the costs of running the website!