Jobs and Occupations Dominoes and Riddles Activity – for ESL, Kindergarten and Primary Students Free Version
This is a whole class activity that can be done in groups or pairs. I love doing this as its a real chance for students to engage with their work and for the teacher to target help where it is needed. A self directed learning win!!
- This is a whole class activity that can be done in groups or pairs.
- Students are given a board and the fruit/description and have to match the description to the fruit and glue it to the board
- They go horizontal across the top and the bottom and vertically along the sides.
- When you ( or the students) cut out the dominoes make sure there is a picture AND a description on the domino ( dominoes have two sides)
- Make sure the students know how to glue them as sometimes they will stick them all at the top.
- Once they have finished, they can complete the centre part of the board and describe the jobs they can see and the job they would like to do. ( everyone says YouTuber!)
- I will add a started version at the bottom to give a rubric of sorts. ( the board should be printed on A3 and the dominoes on A4. )
I love doing this activity, it can be totally self directed by the students and they really practice reading and comprehension skills from this. It is a whole class activity that can be done in groups, pairs or individual. I much prefer giving it as an individual task so students have their own work to present and take home.
I have a video guide for you, which as this can be a little confusing i suggest you at least skip through it, but i will put the main details below as well.
How to use Jobs / Occupations Dominoes
we made a YouTube video to check out to help you 🙂