One of our favourite activities for learners of all ages. It is a full lesson or about an hour in duration
THIS IS FREE AT THE MOMENT!
I love doing this activity, it is self directed and students really get into it. It is a whole class activity that can be done in groups, pairs or as an individual. I like to give each students a copy so they have their own work to present and take home
I have a video guide for you as it is worth getting it right first time and sometimes students end up sticking these pictures all over the place.
Instructions for Halloween Dominoes
- This is a whole class activity that can be done in groups or pairs.
- Students are given a board and the Halloween riddle or description and have to match the description to the Halloween picture and glue it to the board
- They go horizontal across the top and the bottom and vertically along the sides.
- When you ( or the students) cut out the dominos make sure there is a picture AND a description on the domino ( dominos have two sides)
- Make sure the students know how to glue them as sometimes they will stick them all at the top.
- Once they have finished, they can complete the centre part of the board and describe their favourite costume and what Halloween words were there.
- There are two versions here a riddle poem version for more advanced students and a simpler version for younger or beginning learners
- We also have a rubric to show you how it fits together.
- You should print the dominoes on a4 paper and the board to stick on a3!!!
- We will have an instruction video on the YouTube site as well.
Most of resources can be premium downloaded below, they are all editable so you can adapt them for your, classes, students and schools. It also helps me with the costs of running the website!